Thursday, March 3, 2011

Haru is coming

It is March!!! In nihongo (japanese) is called sangatsu (third month). So Haru (spring) is just around the corner. I cannot tell you how much I miss the breeze. The aura of the season is just full of colours. This is the busiest month in Japan as the schooling will start, graduating will take place, moving to a new place, starting new job and new life. It full of joys and tears as well.



That is why so many songs are dedicated for march or haru. The famous flower bloom is of course sakura (cherry blossom). Hanami (short form of hana mitai) is the direct translation of 'wants to look at the flower'. I enjoyed hanami by going to the park, taking thousands of pictures, sitting under the sakura trees and waiting for the falling petals of sakura once the wind blow.


picture taken on Hanami 2007 @ Koganei park, tokyo

So, if you wanted to feel the sakura blooming, you may visit Tokyo early of April. However due to extreme weather changes nowadays, the blooming time may shift. You may check the online weather forecast with picture. During the hanami, many festivals (matsuri) will be conducted at most of the parks.

Matsuri performance-we gave candy to the kid

I would like to share with you one of my favourite song- Sakura Iro (with english subtitle) by my favourite singer -Angela Aki (Japanese+American-Italian blood).

My spectacles resemble hers.... hihihi



p/s: again I want to test my fibre optic internet line by uploading this video that originates from here. Enjoy your day!!

4 comments:

asuhara sue said...

Hopefully tahun ni tak terlepas nak ber'hanami'!aminnnnn.

Nuno Lady said...

wah bestnya...

BadRiza said...

spring is my favorite season after autumn... Well, it's the beginning of autumn now in Auckland.. and probably my last autumn here..and I'm surely, definitely gonna miss spring too .... :(

Nuno Lady said...

you should publish an album 'the last autumn'... I looove autumn tooo