Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How to do - if you don't have overlock machine @ serger

Hi.. How are you doing ladies? I am trap in my office with mountain of proposals. Sorry for keeping this blog silent. Here, I want to share with you how to make pants for Nabilah's jinbei without using overlock machine.

1) Cut the fabric as shown in the picture. You may trace the size that you want. The left curve is the part near the waist.


2) Trim a little bit on the curve (left side) and the waist. Repeat this/ trace this shape on another piece. I cut two pieces instead of four pieces like this.


3) Start sewing on the wright sides. I called this seam as 'kelim betawi' but I did come across a sewing book which they called french seam.



4) Then, turn over the piece to sew on the wrong sides.



5) This is how it looks from the edge of the pants.


6) It is done. The reason why I choose 'kelim betawi' is I want to keep the stitches last longer especially at the crotch area.
p/s; don't forget to insert the elastic band on the waist part <--no picture available
Good luck!!... let sew our own long pants from now on. Gambarre!!

2 comments:

sawe said...

ha... this one i know how to do..and can do it perfectly..cewah.. in english they call it french seam.. if i am not mistaken...:P i am happy using this method as i don't have that machine.. heheheh

Nuno Lady said...

exactly.. sawe.. hihi... good luck kay!!.. I want to see hadiff wearing the pants!!