Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kappogi - Japanese Style Apron

I joined JOM JAHIT again. I planned to sew this apron (to do list this year). It is called kappogi. You may refer to this blog for making the apron and its advantages but I make my own pattern from doll cut. I used remnant cottons of two tone colours.


1. Trace your own size. I used papa's shirt because it is a bit roomy.


2. Mark the center point by cutting the edge of the folded fabric (the neckline ones).


3. Refold/rearrange the piece. Sleeve to sleeve and body to body are facing each other.


4. Place the bulan at the marked point that was made in step 2.



5. Pin it together



6. Cut a bit bigger (extra around 2-3 cm).



7. Cut the backside.



8. Overall piece should look like this.



9. Trim the bottom part of the backside.



10. I add two pockets, piping of bias tape on the neckline, ruffles at the front and extended sleeve.


11. Finishing of the back side and the sleeve.


The front appearance should look like this.

This is the funny view because the backside is a bit shorter than the front side since I did not consider the ruffle length at the stage of cutting the piece. ... Anyway it looks ok on me and papa...


p/s; I uploaded so many pictures because I want to test my UniFi internet lines. It is super superb!!! Almost similar to Japan's broadband. Thank you TM. I hope to share more tutorials in the future.

3 comments:

SewLove said...

waaahh..japanese style gitu..mmg sure selamat baju bile pakai apron nie..rase cam pakai dress je

Nuno Lady said...

gerenti tak comot sewlove.. esp the sleeve part.. ;)

SewLove said...

hihi mmg comfom..klo masak sambal elok pakai apron akak ^^,